Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Small house living: bathrooms

Believe it or not, my half bathroom off the back door is almost too small to get any photos in there! I chose to show how we store toiletries in there. I bought this metal stand at a yard sale probably 18 years ago. I've spray painted it once (just this past summer, as a matter of fact) and it's done very well for holding the few hand towels, toilet paper, and hair care products we couldn't fit anywhere else in a small bathroom. It tucks in right beside the sink. In the lower part of the photo, you can just see the corner of the hamper I stuck under the sink. I think I paid a dollar for that at a yard sale 12 years ago.


This little lovely is in my upstairs bathroom. It's a road-side find. We spray painted it white and it fits in so nicely to my perriwinkle blue bathroom. I can stack up a whole lot of toilet paper on that lower shelf and my little plant is doing nicely under the window.



These photos show the storage we have in our main bathroom. Both of them were second hand finds we painted and installed ourselves. There is a wealth of storage space in both cabinets. Hubby purchased matching hardware for them 12 years ago when he did a bathroom makeover. The mirrored cabinet over the sink is very helpful for hiding all sorts of messes! In the cabinet that's over the toilet, we mainly store shampoos and conditioners; we have a lot of heads to wash in this house!
When hubby redid the bathroom, he didn't have sufficient funds for matching towel bars. He didn't want to 'make do' so he didn't get any! But, at the time, I had six kids who needed places to dry their towels! I found this over-the-door 'rack' and figured I'd use it till we had the finances to get nice towel bars in the bathroom. Well, 12 years later, and we're still using the door rack! These are the three youngest kids' towels. Somebody gave me a pretty doilie many years ago and I wasn't sure where to use it; I tacked it on the top rack 'just because'.




















No comments:

Post a Comment